Monday 7 January 2013

Switching cases

Well, that title isn't entirely fair. Swapping cases might be more accurate, but doesn't have the same ring to it. Anyway the point of said odd title is to lead me into talking about what I was up to yesterday lunchtime.

I'm making a transatlantic trip to Templecon at the end of the month, and I'm more than a little bit excited about it. As part of the planning, I was faced with a dilemma - which army should I take? My Protectorate made the trip to Lock & Load with me last year, so it seems only fair for the Skorne to come this time. The problem is, the default position is for my Menites to fit in my old Figures In Comfort case (whose foam I've hacked up a bit to accommodate Flameguard spears and the like), whereas the Skorne live in my Battlefoam bag. Both bags have their advantages, but only the Figures In Comfort case is small enough to count as hand luggage on BA flights. This made the decision pretty simple: If I could successfully fit my Skorne into the smaller case, then I'd be taking them to Templecon.

To cut a long story short, an hour of careful unpacking and repacking resulted in the conclusion that my Skorne fit in the smaller case, so a-travelling they will go. So, if you're going to Templecon, and you see these guys, come and say hello!

An added bonus to unpacking my entire Protectorate force was that I could take some quick pictures of the full army, which now stands at around 130pts painted. Here are a few of the highlights.


150pts is creeping closer. This guy might have something to do with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment