Saturday 16 April 2011

Mini exchange: In progress

I mentioned in a previous post that the Warmachine/Hordes players at the Oxford Gaming Club were planning a painting exchange. The initial exchange actually took place on club night a few weeks ago, but I've been a bit hopeless about keeping the 'blog up to date. Sorry!


For the exchange, we used a 'yankee swap' method of assigning models to painters. Basically, we took turns drawing names of models out of a hat, except that each person can choose to 'steal' from someone else who has already drawn in lieu of drawing from the hat. With only five of us, and rules stipulating that you can't end up with your own model, nor a model you've had control of in at any previous stage in the drawing, this didn't take very long. It went something like this:

Dean: Drew his own model. Drew again, getting Jim's (female) Manhunter.
Jim: Drew my Allegiant of the Order of the Fist.
Matt: Draw Dean's alt Eiryss.
Chris: Stole alt Eiryss from Matt, who then stole the Manhunter from Dean. Dean drew again, getting Daniel's Grissel.
Daniel: Stole alt Eiryss from me, I draw the last remaining model from the hat, which turned out to be a Matt's Satyxis Raider Captain.

... and that was that. We all seemed quite happy with what we had to paint, and everything was a bit different to what we're used to, which was the aim.

We have until the end of May to paint up the models, and we'll swap back at the start of June. Given that my diary is looking pretty busy in May, I took a head-start, and I've all but finished the Raider Captain. Now, I'd like to show it to you, but I know that Matt reads my 'blog, so I don't think I can...

Oh, go on then. Here's a little teaser:

When he handed over the model, Matt said "any colour you want". It had to be purple hair after that! Sorry the picture quality isn't all that great. I'm still trying to get used to our new camera.

The rest will have to remain shrouded in mystery for now. I'll be sure to post all of the finished offerings in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment